Miranda Sings/Is she for real?

Alright so this was a pretty viral video being passed around for some time. Each one of MirandaSings’ videos get thousands of comments. Nobody can tell if she is for real. In this video she gives us a free voice lesson! Check it out!

YouTube Preview Image

If that wasn’t enough for you. Check this one out!

YouTube Preview Image

Anyway, you could spend HOURS watching her YOUTUBE CHANNEL. There is Opera, Pop, Musical Theater you name it.

So….what do you think? Terribly clueless, or comic genius? If you read the comments on her videos they fall into two trains of thought. Half of the people think she’s serious and are completely horrified and the other half think she’s an amazing comedian. The comments are all similar to these:

-”You are a very sick and foolish young woman. If you had any talent at all it would be obvious! Who has encouraged you to believe you can sing and worse to teach what you can’t do?! You have no pedagogical skills, and absolutely no knowledge of the mechanism called the larynx. You are a menace and should have psychiatric help to get you through the rest of your life, if some singer doesn’t kill you first for passing on your absolute stupidity.”

-”You guys are all idiots. She is obviously joking, This girl is genius. She deserves a spot on SNL.”

Well I FOUND HER OUT.

Her real name is Colleen Ballinger and she can sing very well.

YouTube Preview Image

And YES she’s a comic genius.

YouTube Preview Image

This concludes this episode of Harmony France, “Performance Art Private Eye.” Stay tuned for next time and REMEMBER…I am for hire! I’ll solve your mystery too!

Share and Enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • Google
  • E-mail this story to a friend!
  • TwitThis
  • Tumblr

Tags: ,

28 Responses to “Miranda Sings/Is she for real?”

1. Kyle says:

I jknew it was an act (it HAD to be; did you see teh “dancing”?), but I’m thrilled to see those videois. The party dress song was awesome.

2. robertian says:

I LOVE Miranda. She’s art.

3. derek says:

thank you so much for posting this.

4. Of course. No problem!

Harmony

5. Amy says:

I went to college with her. She’s amazingly talented, but its an act.. she’s a real person outside of this personality, this is just for fun.

6. marina says:

haha, thanks for clearing up a big confusion, and winning me a bet with my friend haha ;D she is totally amazing!

7. apumic says:

Same here, Amy. Colleen’s great. Extremely talented and a fun person as well. Hopefully, this will propel her into more of the kind of work she wants to do. I must say, though, she’s a genius for thinking of using this to get such a following!

8. misse says:

Oh wow! I was thinking that she couldn’t be serious! But thanks! This really cleared up my doubts!

9. Marc Montagne says:

I’m a fan, flat out…

Actually, I was one of the winners of the contest she put up on Youtube. Guess it would be fun to meet Colleen for real one day to see how/who she really is :).

10. TW says:

oh my god thats hilarious - i was convinced she was for real - that whole crazy eybrow thing and everything - i’m a bit disappointed its an act but shes a great actress

11. Adam says:

I love her. I was seriously sitting at my desk one day looking at all of the Miranda videos, laughing even before I saw Colleen’s performances. She’s hysterical. I really hope all of the attention for Miranda helps her career. She deserves it.

12. Julie says:

What a beautiful voice!!!! On her comic video, I was pretty sure it was fake as even though it was bad singing, bad singers cannot hold a note and she definitely can, the eyebrows are hysterical….I wish her the best of luck in whatever path she chooses!

13. Joanne says:

My college aged neice posted one of miranda’s videos on her facebook page. I was horrified at the thought that such a pitiful creature could truly exist. I was so relieved to find out that it was all a joke. She reminds me of Gilda Radner. She should really try out for SNL. She is great.

14. DL says:

Okay, so now that I’ve got some history on this young lady- I want to say a few things. Colleen Ballinger is a lovely person, she has a great voice and seems to be a talented performer. However, this ‘Miranda’ alter ego simply is not funny. At all. The videos are ridiculous, make me slightly uncomfortable to watch, and are generally boring and flat. I feel like Ms. Ballinger should put her talents to far better use, and this hype and ‘world-wide fame’ for this whole “Mirands sings” businees needs to die. Now.

15. MeridethKC says:

Miranda/Colleen is BRILLIANT! I would love to attend one of her many sold out concerts.

16. AB says:

I would just like to say that impersonating people with special needs is disrespectful, cruel, and inappropriate. I do not understand why someone would want to do this and why people think that this is humorous. The content of these videos is incredibly immature and should not be taken as lightly. As it may just be all in good fun I find it immensely offensive and prehaps people should start thinking before they act. You do not deserve respect if you do not have the decency to respect others.

17. Jessica says:

What is AB talking about? I know Colleen and the character has NOTHING to do with having special needs. In fact, her brother has special needs, so she of all people understands respecting that. She is an extremely wonderful and compassionate person. Stop inventing things and slandering a funny, talented young woman!

18. Paige says:

She never claims to be special needs at all and that you take it as such is because of your own assumptions. I am the last one to take those sorts of jokes lightly, my brother is special needs. She is a woman who has created a fictional parody of a bad singer who thinks she is good. That’s all. Sometimes we can be a bit too hypersensitive.

19. fg says:

Today was my first day watching Colleen perform Miranda on youtube and I absolutely love it. I am planning on purchasing a ticket to see her perform. She is now one of my favorite comedians of all time. She is Richard Pryor funny but without the foul mouth.

20. Rachel Wolf says:

Creating a character/gimmick to launch a career and get discovered is so much easier with the advent of YouTube. (I was doing this character 30 years ago.) The challenge for her will be to choose the right moment to shed “Miranda.” If she waits too long, she may have difficulty getting work as Colleen. Clearly her path is as a comedic character actress like Judy Greer. (While I’m a singer who acts, she’s really an actress who sings.) She has a good understanding of timing and exaggerated facial expressions. What makes this work is that it’s a caricature and that she’s tapped into the irony of YouTube and all the wannabes who THINK they have talent.

21. #1 Fan says:

Miranda is a hero.

22. #1 Fan says:

So back off haters

23. Stephanie says:

Shes great! Thanks for sharing!

24. Cameron says:

THANK YOU. Haha she had me tricked

25. my voice lessons were given to me by my aunt who also teaches some amateur pop singers to improve their voices ;~*

26. Brittany says:

and miranda needs to lay off of that make up. she’s looks way better without it lol

27. Jordania says:

She is so funny! I love her. And for AB, who claimed she’s making fun of a special needs person, are you joking? I find it hilarious that you got that vibe from her videos. I see nothing “special needs” about it. She’s making fun of the stuck-up girls who think they are so amazing at singing, when in reality, they suck. She talks about it here:

And I CAN’T believe people think she’s serious.

28. Michael says:

She reminds me of Marla Mindelle. Another phenominal.singer who’s not afraid to have some fun. In.order to be this bad, you.actually.have to.be quite good!